Monday, February 8, 2021
10.00 – 13.00 hrs. online via livestream
The Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management, Cora van Nieuwenhuizen, will host a High Level Conference on Synthetic Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF). The goal of this online event is to accelerate the dialogue on Synthetic SAF and create favorable conditions for the production and deployment of synthetic fuels. The event is of interest to aviation policymakers, airline and airport stakeholders, environmental stakeholders, academics, representatives of financial institutions and international and regional organizations.
Sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) will have a significant role in reducing the carbon footprint of the aviation sector in the coming years. It is important that with the economic recovery of the aviation sector, there is no backsliding in the reduction of emissions in the aviation industry. Recovery should go hand in hand with accelerating the environmental transition of the sector to contribute to the fight against climate change and the achievement of Europe's climate goals. Therefore, the Netherlands will organize a conference on SAF, with a special focus on synthetic fuels.
- Host & opening remarks: Cora van Nieuwenhuizen, Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management, The Netherlands
- Sustainability: Adina Vălean, European Commissioner for Transport
- Technology: Jean-Baptiste Djebbari, Minister of State for Transport, France
- Economy: Andreas Scheuer, Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, Germany
- Closing conference: Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice President at European Commission (Green Deal)
Online conference registration
If you have any questions please contact SAFemail@example.com or +31 (0)30 275 96 27.